The Wat Padhammaratana was created to preserve the Theravada forest meditation tradition within the context of Western culture.
- To provide a forest monastery where ordained monks and nuns can live while cultivating Sila (morality), Samadhi (concentration) and Panna (wisdom)
- To serve as a Buddhism promotion center in the U.S.
- To serve as a meditation center in Pittsburgh
- To promote virtues, Buddhist culture and traditions
- To be a center of all Buddhists, regardless of nationalities
The retreats and monastic training will be determined and run by the senior monastic residents. The Board of Directors’ function is to assist and support the monastery and monastics in the continued realization of our vision. Formalized in November 20, 2012
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Please note to support to Build the peaceful land get in touch any time.